Frequently Asked Questions about Self Storage
Self Storage Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you offer services for both the household and business customer?
Yes. Our storage units are used for both household and business storage. We also serve students, military personnel, and any other customer in need of storage.
2. Can anybody drive onto the properties or do you need a PIN number?
Gate access is via a PIN. Gated properties with outside access can't be accessed without a PIN.
3. What is a roll-up door?
A roll-up door is the same type of door used on most garages. Roll-up doors tend to make loading and unloading easier and allow you to pack your space more efficiently.
4. Do I get a lock when I rent a unit?
You are responsible for your own lock. You can purchase a lock from us when you book your unit or purchase a lock from another retailer.
5. What's the difference between office hours and gate hours?
The office hours are the hours of operation for the facility. Our management team is available to assist you during these ours. The gate hours are the hours that your unit can be accessed.
6. How far in advance can I book a reservation?
We typically allow reservations up to 30 days in advance. It is best to call the facility nearest you to see if they have units available in your time frame.
7. What is the difference between an indoor and outdoor unit?
An outdoor unit gives you direct access to your unit. An indoor unit requires entering the building before you can access your unit.
8. What are the payment terms?
We offer month-to-month leases as well as long term leases. You can pay monthly or you can have us automatically bill your card each month.
9. Do you accept credit cards?
Yes. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
10. What sizes are available and how do I pick my size?
Our available sizes are listed on the homepage of each facility. To determine the size appropriate to your needs, use our handy storage calculator under the Storage Tools tab. Each facility has a team of storage professionals available to help you.
11. What is climate control?
Climate-controlled units are available at many of our facilities. Climate-controlled units allow you to set and maintain a consistent temperature for climate-sensitive items.
12. Do you offer RV/boat/car/motorcycle parking?
We have storage units with extra wide doors that can accommodate vehicles. Visit the website of the location nearest to you to find out if they can accommodate you.
13. What is a drive-up unit?
This is a unit with outdoor access and a unit that you can drive your vehicle up to and unload.
14. What kind of security do you have?
We offer PIN access to the facility and video surveillance as well as a manager that lives on site at most of our facilities.
15. Do you have video cameras?
Most of our facilities have video surveillance.
16. What does "on-site" manager mean?
An on-site manager is someone that lives in an apartment at the facility. This is an added security precaution utilized by many of our facilities.
17. Can I buy boxes and other packing products from this location?
We sell both boxes and locks at most of our locations.